7 Wonders of Ukraine
As part of a national campaign "7 Wonders of Ukraine: castles, fortresses, palaces," the experts chose seven
of the best castles, fortresses and 7 seven palaces.
For the title of best fortification and castle-palace complexes of Ukraine fought 138 objects.
Among the finalists category "Castles" are as follows:
- Castle in Dubno (Rivne region),
- Castle "Palanok" (Transcarpathian region)
- Zbarazhsky Castle (Ternopil region)
- Zolochiv Castle (Lviv region)
- Lutsky Upper Castle (Volyn region)
- Olessky Castle (Lviv region)
- Uzhgorod Castle (Transcarpathian region)
Among the finalists category "Fortresses" are as following:
- Akkerman Fortress (Odesa fortress in the Odessa area)
- Genoese fortress in Sudak (Crimea)
- Kamenetz-Podolsk fortress (Khmelnytsky region)
- Kiev fortress
- The castle in Medzhibozh (Khmelnytsky region)
- Khotyn Fortress (Chernivtsi region)
- Chigirinskaya castle - the residence of Bohdan Khmelnytsky, Cherkasy region.
Among the finalists category "Palaces" are as following:
- Alupka (Vorontsov) Palace (Crimea)
- Bakhchisarai (Khan's) Palace (Crimea)
- Livadia Palace (Crimea)
- Mariinsky Palace in Kiev,
- Metropolichy palace at Chernovtsy
- Kirill Razumovsky palace in Baturin
- Kachanovsky palace in the Chernihiv region.
The initiator of the action "7 wonders of Ukraine: castles, fortresses, palaces," was Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Mykola Tomenko.