Excursions to Strategic Missile Force Base
(Near Pervomaysk 300 km South of Kiev)
The high light of the trip is being a descent 33 meters down to the bottom of the Unified Launch Control Center!
- Sit in the Command seat and experience what Soviet officers could feel during the Cold War and being in charge of nine missiles SS-22. You can touch the button that could cause a catastrophe if pressed 18 years ago.
- Look inside SS-18 'Satan' Intercontinental Ballistic Missile - equipped with up to 10 warheads and 40 penaids - it used to give Soviet Union "first strike" advantage over the U.S. - it's operating range 10,200-15,200 km, Weight 209,600 kg (462,000 lb) Length 32.2 m (106 ft) Diameter 3.05 m (10.0 ft).
- We usually start our tour at 8 a.m. or as agreed
- Drive Kiev - Odessa Highway around two hours, make a left turm to Holovanivsk and then anothe 30 minutes to the outskirt of Bobuz'ke village.
- Arrival to Museum. Meeting with the leadership of the museum - ussually ex officer of the missile base.
- Update on the history of the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile base of ICBM silo launcher in Pervomaisk in a pavillion with many exibits.
- Sightseeing of the premices of the base including passage through 150 meters long underground corridor.
- Take a lift 12 floors down to the bottom of the Unified Launch Control Center. (Lift can barely fit three people so with a big group it might take time for everybody to take it).
- Visit rest area for the officers and climb one floor up to the control center - where the lounching equipment with "THE BUTTON" was located.
- Look at the guards bunkers, silo's lead, trucks and at impressive SS-18 "Satan" Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.
- On the way back to Kiev we make a stop for lunch at one of the cafes.
Arrival back time 4-5 p.m.
- English speaking guide.
- Air-conditioned transportation.
- Admission cost and fee to be taken down by lift to the Launch Control Center.
Not included lunch (we make a stop in a cafe on the way back)
For more information about this tour, please call +380 44 495 56 70 or mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org